Ok.....so I am about at my wits end. Anyone ever been there? So Preston is almost 3 1/2 and we(oops, I mean moi!!) have been trying to potty train him since he turned 3.
Well, today was a bad , bad day. I know it will get better.....right?!! He will be ale to do this.....right?!! He won't be going to Kindergarten in diapers.....right?!! Well, I put the dreaded "underwear" on him today because he has been doing fairly in pullups. He promises me that he will tell me when he needs to go. So I ask him several times and he doesn't have to. Well....he peed in Kassidy's room(shhh! don't tell)and immediately comes to tell me. Arghh!!! He knows!! So I get him cleaned up and he goes outside to play. Things become awfully quiet so I send Kent out to check on him. You know where I am going with this don't you? Hmmmmm....yep he peed and pooped. Gotta love that in the underwear. I will spare you the details. I was actully on the phone with Kami and down walks Preston in only his underwear(because Dad's can't change them you know:)) and the pictures tell it all. Kami made me take them and post them.(yes she held a gun to my head) Hope nobody is offended:) So....if anybody has any suggestions I will try anything. I have bribed him, given him candy, offered to buy him his favorite cars/trains, tell him he can't go to preschool(like that's gonna hold), tell him about all his "big boy" friends that use the potty, offered to ship him to Zimbabwe etc. So far...no luck. Come on, I know there are some graduates of potty training 101 out there. I just need a little piece of your knowledge. 


Friday, September 12, 2008
Potty Training at its Best!!! Any Suggestions!
Posted by The Barker Clan at 12:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




10 comments:
Love it!!!! My suggestion is still to buy him something he LOVES and only let him play with it AFTER he goes potty. Only let him play with it for about 10 min. and then put it back where he can't reach it but can see it. It worked wonders for Amanda. The more he's motiviated, the quicker it will happen!
Boys are tough to train, or so I hear, I don't really have a comparison. Just hang in there! Consistency is the exhausting, unaviodable, yucky key. And don't be afraid to chuck the really bad unders. Wouldn't you pay someone $1 to wash them out for you? Good Luck!
Yeah, been there, done that! Glad I won't be doing it again! Anyway, I think that patience is the key here, its definitely frustrating, but sometime it will click! Hopefully it won't take too long. Good luck!!!
Boys don't care if they have crap in their pants...even the big ones-they just won't admit it! Get used to it Robyn...I have! After 3 girls and then Jake comes along (sound familiar) I thought I'd go crazy..being a clean freak...and just since we are being honest here...Jake is potty trained-he is 5 1/2-but still will STICK his finger IN his bum to check for brown stuff...it makes no sense! I thought he'd poop and pee his pants forever too...and by 4 he was good and clean...except for the finger thing...we'll give that a few more years! love ya..have fun with it!
Well sounds to me like Preston is a lot like Jordan was. I swear he would never learn. Well, there really isn't a secret. I tried everything too, and they will do it when they are darn good and ready. One thing I did do was threaten that he couldn't go to preschool if he wasn't fully potty trained. He was not gonna let that happen. So maybe try that, who knows? If they were all the same life would be so easy right?
Becky
I tagged you. You're welcome or I'm sorry, whichever fits! Ü Come to my blog for info.
I feel your pain! I don't have any good suggestions. Sorry! Just try not to lose your sanity!
He'll catch on someday!
Marci
I don't want to even think about potty training Max and Chase. I am in denial that this needs to be done before Kindergarten.
BTW--How are you? We need to have a meeting or something so we can visit--lol!
WOW! Potty training sure is stressful. My boys were both 3 1/2 when they were finally trained. I would only suggest not giving up, I'm sure he's almost there. I'm sorry my advice (if you want to call it that) wasn't something you already knew, and that I couldn't give you a "lightbulb" moment. Boys are just stubborn! I did however put the potty in front of th TV and told them to stay on there until they went. he even ate on it. LOL!!! I'm sure all the child psychologists would love that one.
Hey! I see you got your background to change after all. Good Job! It's really cute.
Post a Comment