I just had to post Preston's first day of preschool. I can't even believe he is going. It seems to be even a little bit harder knowing he is my last. He has waited FOREVER in his eyes to go to school with his "eggo" aka. Diego backpack. So....we got all ready and I told Preston I wanted some pictures before we left, to which he promptly told me, "No Mom, I don't want pictures!" Well, needless to say I forced him into it. We drove to school and he was beside himself with excitement and so was I for the precious 2 1/2 hours of "Freetime". When we walked in, I helped him hang his backpack and then he was off. Now....I was so hoping for a little bit of "Mom, don't go!" but nope....he is a boy and he could care less that I was even leaving. I snagged a hug and told him I would be back to which there was no response and not even a look my way. I guess I know where I stand. I would hate to hear the answer if he were asked, "Preschool or your Mom." I will just go right on believing it would be me. When I returned to pick him up he quickly told me he didn't want to go but with a little coaxing we got him out the door. I wanted to hold his hand to the car and play the question and answer game all the way home. Oh no......there was no hand holding and he wasn't so in to all my 20 questions. Oh well, what is a mother to do. I will still remind him daily that he is my BABY and I am not letting go that easy. Do any of you relate out there? All in all it was a fun day and we get to do the drop off again tomorrow:)



Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Preston's Big Day!!!!
Posted by The Barker Clan at 11:23 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




8 comments:
Um, yes I relate! Camille could have cared less about me. But I was excited for her to go. She really enjoys it. Where do you take Preston?
What a handsome guy! I loved sending my baby to preschool, now first grade.....thats a different story! But, I know how you feel, Jessie was so excited to go and it was a sad day!
Wow What an exciting day for Preston. he sure does look cute.
I just love it when their backpacks are as big as they are! What an exciting day for the both of you!
He looks so cute! Yea..Emmeling had no problems either...Grant on the other hand screams every time we take Emmeline because he wants to go...I keep telling him "next year" ...he doesn't get it!
WOW! Aren't you popular! I would have to pay top dollar to get 6 people to comment on my blog! JK! Preston is such a little stud! I think we need to celebrate, at Cafe' Rio :)
What a cute cheese grin! He sure does look happy. Gotta love it.
Post a Comment